Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Annual Back to School Eye Check-up

Back when Bryan started 2nd grade in the 2nd week of class he started bringing home his homework assignments by writing them down in a daily assignment notebook. Now I believe (as most parents do) that my child is really smart (he is by the way) but he was bringing home this gibberish that I couldn't understand. So I asked Bryan why he was misspelling the information that was directly off the chalkboard. He informed me that he couldn't see the board clearly. So, off to the eye doctor and to my amazement Bryan had really really bad eyesight. It was so bad I was doing that thing that I do where I laugh and cry at the same time. Tears just pouring out but laughing at how unbelievable it was. (Not to mention that the Doctor checking his site was cracking us both up - If any of you have ever been to Dr. Conroy you would understand.) Poor Bryan has such bad eyesight that he can't even see the BIG E at the top of the chart. Well, at the time he was just turning 7 years old so that means we have to go each and every year for a new prescription because of his fast growing body. Kara will start 1st grade this year so I thought I would be the good parent and take her along for a 1st time eye check. Little did I know.... (scroll down for a peek)







.....Kara would need glasses too. Kara is far-sited (unlike Bryan who is near-sited) and will need her glasses when she is reading, doing school work and watching TV. We broke the bank and went ahead with getting two pair. It was a hard choice but when the 2nd pair is only half the cost of the 1st we had to go for it. MY plans are for her to keep a pair at school and a pair at home so she won't have to worry about remembering to bring them back and forth. When she is at her desk she will wear them but when she goes to PE & recess time she can leave them on her desk in the case. I know, I know - we will have to see how this works out. Check back after school has started & I might just have a story to tell.

No comments: