Monday, July 14, 2008

Missing the kids!?!?

Every morning Cho-Yeh uploads pictures from the day before to a website that we can check. John checked on line this morning to see if there were any pictures of our kids in the daily upload of pics and of course there weren't any. Out of over 160 pictures from yesterday we didn't find one with either of our kids. I'm holding out hope that tomorrow we will see some from today's activities.

Well, at the end of the day today I couldn't take the not knowing so I called Cho-Yeh to have Kara's counselor check in with me and let me know how she is doing. She called this evening and said Kara is having a great time. There was only one little girl in her cabin that was homesick and it wasn't Kara. I feel better now. (This is Bryan's 4th year so I didn't feel the need to check on him). I am sure I can go the rest of the week without checking. It will be a lot easier when I can see some pictures of her and Bryan.

I do have to tell a cute story about Kara and camp. At the beginning of the year when it was time to sign up for camp we asked Kara if she wanted to go to Cho-Yeh this summer. Her first response was an unhesitating "YES!". Then her big brother started talking about camp things trying to be "helpful" and get her excited about it. Well, he started talking about shower time and told her you have to take really really quick showers. Kara started boo-hooing. I asked her what was wrong. She wailed "I don't know how to take a shower!" It was very sad but funny at the time. We, of course, couldn't help but chuckle. The she got mad because we were laughing "at" her. After calming her down we explained that there was approximately 6 months that we could "teach" her how to take a quick shower. From that day on she took showers. (Of course some of them were very, very long due to playing). Anyway, by the time she went to camp she was an old pro at showering.

No comments: