Saturday, December 6, 2008

Scouts

Well, we finally have a Scout in our household. I have been wanting to get Bryan involved in this terrific organization but have drug my feet. Back in 2005 we signed him up but then Hurricane Rita hit and it never got it's feet off the ground. Then with baseball, soccer, & school it just all seemed too much. Now that St. Andrews has decided to restart their Troop 221 we decided now was as good a time as any. I pray that our young man will stick with it and get his Eagle. There is so much peer pressure in this day and time. I am well aware that some kids may not support him being in the Scouts. In fact there are 2 boys in our neighborhood that he plays with often and one day he had to cut his playtime short to leave for a Scouts meeting. I was very sad when I heard them laugh about it (in front of me) and I called them out on it and asked them what their problem with it was. Later I talked to Bryan about it and he was upset (as I knew he would be) about them laughing and thinking it was un-cool to be in scouts. We had a good talk and he is happy to be in the Scouts (for now). In fact, as I am writing this blog Bryan and his dad are on their first Scouts camp out. Yeah!!! Please keep Bryan and his journey in Scouts in your prayers. He is a good kid and the Scouts will only make him better.

Below is a picture of Bryan in his Scout shirt before any patches got put on. I hope to get a new picture soon with the rest of his uniform and with his patches on.

P.S. No I am not trying to save money on haircuts. I have finally let Bryan keep his hair longer which to my dismay is the current style. It is so hard not to run him down to the local salon and get the #3 blade to this mop of hair.

No comments: